Lena is officially crawling! About a week ago she started a very slow,
intermittent army crawl. Last night we were playing on the rug and she
crawled towards the rattle I was teasing her with. Then, she crawled
towards my flip flops, grabbed one, and tried to stick it in her mouth.
I should explain: her "crawl" looks a lot like someone dying of thirst
in the desert and reaching for water - but she moves forward. Her left
arm is slumped down, pinned to the ground and she reaches with her right
side and arm. Over the course of the evening though, she started
getting up on all fours and ramping up, so typical crawling should
follow soon.
On a related note, we're baby proofing the rest of the house this weekend. "The rest of the house?" you ask? Many cupboards already have baby locks on them to keep the dogs out.
The start of Lena crawling seems to directly coincide with her sleep improving. The last two nights, she's slept from 9:15 pm to 4:45 am. I get up, bring her in bed, nurse lying down, and she sleeps until 6:30 am (sadly, I do not). It's also been a lot easier to transition her to her crib, which tells me she's sleeping harder.
Here's a video of Lena impersonating someone with a gunshot wound. Also, check out her wild hair! It's turned wavy/curly in some places and straight in others. It curls right at her cowlick, exaggerating her bald spot.
On a related note, we're baby proofing the rest of the house this weekend. "The rest of the house?" you ask? Many cupboards already have baby locks on them to keep the dogs out.
The start of Lena crawling seems to directly coincide with her sleep improving. The last two nights, she's slept from 9:15 pm to 4:45 am. I get up, bring her in bed, nurse lying down, and she sleeps until 6:30 am (sadly, I do not). It's also been a lot easier to transition her to her crib, which tells me she's sleeping harder.
Here's a video of Lena impersonating someone with a gunshot wound. Also, check out her wild hair! It's turned wavy/curly in some places and straight in others. It curls right at her cowlick, exaggerating her bald spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment