Monday, April 22, 2013

A Good Weekend

Lena seemed to pop out of her fussy mood and we had a great weekend! For what seems like months, Lena hasn't been sleeping well. We've had trouble putting her to sleep- she'd cry and fight going to bed and then wake up to nurse every one to two hours. It's been tough! During the day, she'd start crying at the drop of a hat- if she was sitting up and teetered over, if you took something from her, etc. In essence, she's been having a rough time! When Mike took her to her 6 month check up last Saturday, the doctor told him that she'd be really fussy the 7 to 10 days before a developmental milestone. At that time, she had been fussy since the prior Thursday. So, we were in for another fussy week.

Last Sunday, she mastered sitting up on her own. She lays on her side and pushes up from sitting. The first few days, she was wobbly and would randomly teeter over. But she's gotten a lot better over the week. Last night, I noticed that when she gets unsteady, she now adjusts her legs wider to balance (she usually sits with her heels together and her legs in a diamond).

On Saturday, we also noticed that she has a "hello" wave. She puts her hand under her chin and waves with her fingers. We had a friend stay with us this weekend. When she met him, she kept doing that and he asked me if she was waving hello. I said I didn't know but had noticed her doing it lately. That day, she met four new people and kept doing it (and also did it last night when saying goodbye to family members). We think she picked it up from the other little girl at daycare, who does that.

On Saturday afternoon, she also got much better at crawling. She kinda gave it up last week (perhaps she was focusing on sitting up?) so I wondered if she was done for now. Then, I was sitting in the recliner and she was playing on the rug. I heard her coo "whooo;" I looked up and she motored over to me. I had been cleaning her exersaucer so I used the can of cleaning wipes as bait to get some video. I'm starting her young with chores.

The best part? Nine days after her fussiness began, her fussiness bubble burst. She slept better Saturday and Sunday nights, took three (one 2.5 hour!) naps on Sunday, and was a happy girl!
 
 

 

No comments: