Lena,
You are 3 months old! You have done so much growing this month, sometimes it blows my mind that you are only three months old- I could swear you're twice that age sometimes. At 3 months, you:
-insist on holding your bottle during feedings. You haven't quite mastered tipping it up but no matter what, your hands have to be on the bottle. You'll even slip your tiny, chubby hand under mine to get a good grip. Miss Independent already.
-Are starting to blow raspberries. We both think it's hilarious.
-Are quite talkative. "Goo" seems to be your go to word still. When you get fussy, if I start talking to you, you'll forget your fuss, focus on my mouth, and start jabbering back to me. I foresee high cell phone bills in your future.
-Are starting to put yourself to sleep (only at night). We're getting a routine. Your preferred bedtime (9:30 pm) is later than most babies (7:30 pm) but the fact that you even have a bedtime makes me happy. The handful of times I've started rocking you at 7:30 to try to get you to bed early only resulted in me getting a good arm workout while you rocked - wide awake- for two hours. You know what you like. Because you fall asleep hard at 7:30, we were able to transition you from the Rock N Play cradle to your crib in two nights. Not bad!
-Starting to like a pacifier a bit more. it's usually when you're upset or overtired. We don't push it on you, but it's effective when I don't feel like being your pacifier. A few weeks ago you have me a hockey on my bicep. We got the pacifier out shortly thereafter.
- Are still so smiley. You have such charisma. I love it!
-Repeatedly remind me of the lesson that if you genuinely smile at someone grumpy, it'll be hard for them to resist smiling back. Instant good mood. I do this a lot when you're getting really hungry or frustrated. I give you a huge smile and, for at least a minute or two, you forget what was so upsetting..
-Just started daycare. Your babysitter, Savi, is crazy about you and you're already fond of her. It's a good situation. But I miss you like crazy when I'm at work.
Happy 3 Months Puddin' Pop!
You are 3 months old! You have done so much growing this month, sometimes it blows my mind that you are only three months old- I could swear you're twice that age sometimes. At 3 months, you:
-insist on holding your bottle during feedings. You haven't quite mastered tipping it up but no matter what, your hands have to be on the bottle. You'll even slip your tiny, chubby hand under mine to get a good grip. Miss Independent already.
-Are starting to blow raspberries. We both think it's hilarious.
-Are quite talkative. "Goo" seems to be your go to word still. When you get fussy, if I start talking to you, you'll forget your fuss, focus on my mouth, and start jabbering back to me. I foresee high cell phone bills in your future.
-Are starting to put yourself to sleep (only at night). We're getting a routine. Your preferred bedtime (9:30 pm) is later than most babies (7:30 pm) but the fact that you even have a bedtime makes me happy. The handful of times I've started rocking you at 7:30 to try to get you to bed early only resulted in me getting a good arm workout while you rocked - wide awake- for two hours. You know what you like. Because you fall asleep hard at 7:30, we were able to transition you from the Rock N Play cradle to your crib in two nights. Not bad!
-Starting to like a pacifier a bit more. it's usually when you're upset or overtired. We don't push it on you, but it's effective when I don't feel like being your pacifier. A few weeks ago you have me a hockey on my bicep. We got the pacifier out shortly thereafter.
- Are still so smiley. You have such charisma. I love it!
-Repeatedly remind me of the lesson that if you genuinely smile at someone grumpy, it'll be hard for them to resist smiling back. Instant good mood. I do this a lot when you're getting really hungry or frustrated. I give you a huge smile and, for at least a minute or two, you forget what was so upsetting..
-Just started daycare. Your babysitter, Savi, is crazy about you and you're already fond of her. It's a good situation. But I miss you like crazy when I'm at work.
Happy 3 Months Puddin' Pop!
No comments:
Post a Comment