I started this blog years ago but stopped posting in 2009. With the birth of our daughter Lena,I decided to start blogging again, so that I can share pictures and stories with friends and family.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Great Birthday Gift
Mike decided to surprise me on Wednesday evening with tickets to the Jack Johnson concert in Santa Barbara for my birthday - my favorite!!! I was so stinkin' excited and Jack Johnson definitely lived up to my high expectations. His voice sounds even better live, and he ad-libs and tells stories about the inspirations for the next song/where it was written. During the encore, he played "Better Together" and dedicated it to his grandma, who ended up coming on stage. SO CUTE! Another great thing about the concert was the mellow, mixed audience: Next to us were two elderly couples dancing with the best of 'em, little kids, gay couples, young college kids, families, etc. We also ran into an old friend we hadn't seen in years there, so we got to catch up. Good job, Mike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment