Lena,
You are 8 months old! You've made it 2/3 the way through your first year. We measured you on Sunday and you're 28 inches long (90th percentile) and 19 lbs heavy (75th percentile). You've been hanging onto these percentiles for the last four months, with a little bump at 6 months. This month:
- You've perfected crawling and standing up. You're able to stand up and then slowly lower down in a squat. It's conveniently reduced (virtually eliminated) the number of falls and face plants. Hopefully we'll avoid too many more bruised cheekbones (Month 7).
You are 8 months old! You've made it 2/3 the way through your first year. We measured you on Sunday and you're 28 inches long (90th percentile) and 19 lbs heavy (75th percentile). You've been hanging onto these percentiles for the last four months, with a little bump at 6 months. This month:
- You've perfected crawling and standing up. You're able to stand up and then slowly lower down in a squat. It's conveniently reduced (virtually eliminated) the number of falls and face plants. Hopefully we'll avoid too many more bruised cheekbones (Month 7).
- You are a fast crawler. You jet all over the living room and house. You pant loudly when you do it. Since you begin panting immediately, I don't think you're actually out of breath. Are you imitating the dogs? We recently started excluding them from the living room. They're not stoked on the arrangement, but dad and I much prefer it. I'm down to vacuuming that room twice a week and you stay SO much cleaner. Added bonus: you're not trying to eat clumps of dog hair anymore.
- You have fully entered the separation anxiety phase. When either your dad or I leave the room, even to just walk into the kitchen, which is within your line of site, you freak out. Big, huge tears, screams, throwing yourself in the ground. It's quite dramatic! We're starting to get desensitized to it but it still makes me sad.
- You have such incredible personality. You recently began whispering gibberish to yourself when you crawl and play. It's incredibly adorable. You are free with smiles and giggles. Your dad can really get you going.
- I didn't think it was possible, but your eyes have gotten even bluer. You are going to make many people swoon with those eyes. They are a deep, crystal shade of blue.
- Your next tooth (teeth) are coming in. The bottom incisor to the left of your two current ones is almost there. I can't wait for it to break through - you're a hot mess at bedtime!
- Your next tooth (teeth) are coming in. The bottom incisor to the left of your two current ones is almost there. I can't wait for it to break through - you're a hot mess at bedtime!
- You love giving your mom kisses. Sometimes when I come home, you plant a big slobbery one on me (you don't purse your lips yet). Sometimes you do tons in a row. I LOVE it. Sadly, you've only given dad a few. You always shy away when he goes to kiss you and I think it's his scruff.
- You are a food monger. To date, you haven't turned down a thing I've given you. I have to feed you before I eat or you get really pissed off with me. You whine and grab for whatever I'm eating. You even ate some puréed Thai green curry stir fry. Not picky at all. Yesterday, you grabbed dad's Pb&J crust to suck on. You loved it. We were relieved to find out you aren't allergic to peanuts. We also discovered you love sucking on whole wheat hard stick pretzels. We take them away before they get too small.
You are so much fun! Now, please start going to be easily and sleeping through the night. K? Thanks.
You are so much fun! Now, please start going to be easily and sleeping through the night. K? Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment