Lena,
You are one month old today! I can't say this month has flown by - in fact it seems to be trudging along rather slowly! But I wouldn't have it any other way; I'm relishing my time with you. At 1 Month, you:
-Have started smiling. Your smiles are my favorite thing in the entire world! You don't give them out frequently but when you do, you focus on the person and give them a huge grin. It can't be confused for anything else but a smile.
-Use your hands a lot. You like to cover your face with them when you're eating and you also use them to grasp onto my shirt, your blankets, and your bottle. You really look like you're trying to hold your bottle.
-Are much more alert than you used to be. You've started skipping your first morning nap and are also awake from 6 pm -8 pm. I call this time "Unhappy Hour" (no drink specials here). A friend of mine dubbed this time the "witching hour" with her daughter - such an appropriate term! You're a bit fussy and require to be held during this time. Though from what I've heard, your "fussy" is nothing compared to what it could be. When you're awake, you like to stare at lights and walls that are lit up.
-Are sweet and cuddly. Unless you're hungry (when you cry) you're content to lay on someone's chest and snuggle. It is heaven. We often sit like this for up to an hour after you feed, just because we both love it so much. That and if I put you in your bassinet, you wake up. :)
-Are social. You must take after your daddy, because you have no problem being held by strangers. You'll snuggle right up on them.
-Have started your babbling words. Your first is "a-goo." I have no idea what it means in your language, but you say it very clearly and with intent. When I repeat it to you, you smile.
-Make the funniest faces. It's hard to catch them all on camera, but you frown, furrow your brow, smile, purse your lips, roll your tongue ...
When I went to take your 1 month pictures in our new recliner, I put your stuffed fox next to you so we can track your growth. You turned your head, looked at it, opened wide, and latched onto his nose. No milk though!
Here are a few of the many faces you make:







No comments:
Post a Comment